Monday, August 24, 2009

Oh, that's right...

……I am a blogger again. Which means, I should not let thirteen days lapse between posts. Honestly, it was probably for the best that I did not because I would just sound like a negative Nancy and would have been cyber- flamed. Obviously, no outside babies yet. At this point, I realize that they will be here shortly, but I need to find things to do to keep my mind off going crazy at the moment. Enter, FAVORITE THINGS!

This post’s Favorite Things include the items I am looking forward to once the babies arrive. Yes, yes. I am aware of the whole cooing, loving and cuddling we will get to have with the babies, but I am talking about things that this mom has been missing.



1. Jeans. With zippers. When I put on my first pair of maternity jeans way back in February, I remember saying, “Why would anyone want to wear regular jeans again?” Comfy time is over, panels make an annoying sound, make me sweaty and I am ready to step back into the world of the normal.

2. My favorite t-shirt. I am far too rotund to wear any of my t-shirts and have been living in E’s for months now. Love the whole idea of “being closer to the man I love” and all, but I feel like a house. A good 2,500 square footer at that.

3. My new Browns jersey. I bought it at the end of last year’s season and my goal is fit into it by the end of this season. One can dream, right? Hopefully, Cribbs doesn’t leave us in the meantime.

4. Photography. I am itching to get back out there and get my little business on the move again.

5. Beer. I realize this may make me look like an alcoholic, but, I miss the option to have a beer with dinner. Or a beer after a long day. Or a beer with some friends. Judge all you want, at least there is not a cancer causing nicotine stick in the picture.

6. Shoes. With laces. I have never been much a flip flop fan, unless I had on capris. This entire summer, I have worn flip flops with anything I am wearing. Jeans, capris, comfy pants. Pedicures are a necessity I wish I could afford weekly.

7. My wedding rings. Not only do I miss the only jewelry I wear, but I get judgmental looks from the little old lady in Dairy Queen. Really Lady? Have you never had children before?

8. My watch. I have always been obsessed with watches and have worn one everyday since I was at least eight years old. My little, water retaining wrists make it impossible to wear a watch with out obscene swelling around said watch. Not pretty.

9. More shoes. With heels. This one would probably go along with # 1 and # 5, mixed in with some Girls’ Nights with some of my favorites.

2 comments:

  1. NICE JERSEY :) I have the same one. Love the photo montage. Soon lady, soon!!! <3 heeds

    ReplyDelete
  2. soon!! i was with you, the maternity pants are cool for a minute - then you miss the zippers! ;)
    and the beer.....

    ReplyDelete