Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Shake that Booty

I love the internet, I really do.

Olivia and Ethan have had some diaper rash for over a week and we can’t seem to shake it. Before this, Boudreaux's Butt Paste ALWAYS did the job and cleared it up within 24 hours. Well, when that didn’t work- I cut out the babies’ yogurt intake and switched to A & D Ointment. Another failure. So I did what any mom in 2010 would do, I asked for help on Facebook. Imagine my excitement to find 21 responses this morning. I didn’t even know I had 21 friends. It was great to read everyone’s advice and I decided to copy down the suggestions and so now, I have an easy reference guide… So do you.

• A & D Ointment

• Nystatin ( 2 recommendations. Both from nurses…Hmmm)

• Boudreaux's Butt Paste (2 votes)

• Oatmeal Soap in the tub

• PINXAV (By far the most popular recommendation with 5 votes)

• Wiping with warm washcloths instead of baby wipes (2 votes)

• Warm washcloth with salt water (from a Floridian… Go figure!)

• Naked heiney time (2 votes. Godspeed on this one. )

• Maalox (2 votes)

• Equal Parts Maalox and Aquaphor

• Equal Parts Maalox, Desitin and A & D Ointment

• Equal Parts Maalox, Desitin and Aquaphor

• Aquaphor

• Vicks

• Vaseline (2 votes)

• Udder Cream

• Windex… I kid.

What about you, the rest of the Interwebs? What do you use to relieve diaper rash??? Stay tuned to see what works for the Twins of Reed as I tried the Aquaphor this morning since I had some stashed, we shall see. I know you are all entirely interested in the status of my kids’ bottoms!

4 comments:

  1. I am a true believer in the Pinxav!! It works wonders!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pinxav, pinxav, pinxav!!! Though- you have to ask the pharmacist for it (not sure why its not out for all the world to see). Pharmacy sections of CVS, Marc's, Drug Mart, Target...

    ReplyDelete
  3. salt water heals in mere hours! But I am not sure if it has to be authentic Gulf of Mexico salt water... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love the butt paste around here...but I do remember having to get a Rx for Stink on the occasion.

    Like you, nothing I tried worked.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete