Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Top 10

I have resorted to stealing from other websites. No, but really, I always find this kind of information interesting. When E and I chose the names Olivia and Ethan, we often were told how many other people they know with kids of the same name. So what? Kids have enough problems in life and throw in a terribly misspelled name because Mom wanted it to be ‘different’? No thanks, I refuse to be blamed. I always told E I wanted our kids to be able to find pens with their names on them because I could never find any “Colleen” embossed pencils. Alas, this is why we have an Olivia and Ethan and not a Peachy and Luigi. Roll your eyes all you want, it’s true.
Still early in the year, but here is a list of the Top 10 baby names so far in 2010.
GIRLS

1. Charlotte

2. Olivia

3. Elizabeth

4. Amelia

5. Emily

6. Ava

7. Ella

8. Claire

9. Emma

10. Violet



BOYS

1. Oliver

2. Owen

3. Henry

4. Liam

5. James

6. Jack

7. Alexander

8. Benjamin

9. William

10. Noah

courtesy of www.parentdish.com



And… the Top 10 baby names from the year I was born… (1979 for those wondering… I have no shame.)

GIRLS

1. Jennifer

2. Melissa

3. Amanda

4. Jessica

5. Amy

6. Sarah

7. Heather

8. Angela

9. Nicole

10. Michelle



BOYS

1. Michael

2. Christopher

3. Jason

4. David

5. James

6. Matthew

7. John

8. Robert

9. Joshua

10. Brian

Courtesy of www.ssa.gov

1 comment:

  1. I was never able to have pencils with my name on them either :( Stupid GINAs.

    ReplyDelete