Friday, April 2, 2010

And He's Back!

I do apologize for lack of updates, posts or even baby pictures. I won’t lie to you, I just haven’t felt like doing it.

First things first. Eric was released from the hospital on March 14th, six days after his surgery. He took it slow and made sure he was resting and not pushing his recovery. Everyday since then has been a bit better or easier for him. Unfortunately, the cabin fever mixed with unseasonable Northeast Ohio warm weather, he’s been itching to get out and about. Luckily, he’s been able to tag along with his dad or brother on daily errands, which is a big improvement to where he was three weeks ago.

Secondly, since many of you had asked, Eric will be undergoing a round of precautionary chemotherapy to ensure the cancer didn’t spread. But we will not dwell on that right now.

And finally, I want to take this time AGAIN to thank all the special people in our lives that have been there for us. It truly meant a lot to me, Eric and his parents that people took the time to make us meals, came in from out of state, offer to baby sit and offer their shoulders to cry upon. It is amazing to see our “community of people” join together to help us out. So thank you, you know who you are.

We continue to ask that you keep Eric and our family in your thoughts and prayers.
I hope to be back with some super updates about Olivia and Ethan. However, the interweb powers aren’t always on my side these days. Alas, you better believe me that Olivia and Ethan are growing and turning into “almost” mobile babies. Watch out!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that things are going well. Kevin and Eric can compare Cabin Fever stories! Kevin calls it House Arrest! Hopefully, you all will have an uneventful Easter weekend. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything! I could use a road trip myself! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete